Monday, May 19, 2008

Nothing like yard work . . .

I love yardwork. My yard is by no means a show peice, it probably has more weeds than grass, but it is green. I love to mow and trim and putz around in the yard. I have a few planting beds and now I have sod to tend in the backyard. This weekend I bought flowers for my porch and the backyard so I was busy planting those up. Sunday I borrowed my step-dad's edger and edged the yard. I usually do it with a steak knife on my hands and knees so finding out he has an edger was a god-send. I was so thrilled to be edging thatI edged the neighbors yard too. I tend to trim their yard also as the landlord typically just mows. I also cut their bushes because part of them are on my property and I shovel their snow, which I also like to do. I sometimes wonder if the landlord thinks I'm nuts, but I don't care. He typically thanks me when he sees what I have done.

Can I just tell you that I love my renters. They are so friendly, so helpful and so kind. They always jump in to help on some project or another outside. Their kids are super friendly and their oldest is SUPER good with my little ones. He is 13 and it is very odd to have a typical 13 year old around when Dustin is 13, but still acts about 5. It makes me sad in some respect, but I love that he plays so well with my littles. There is no stress and no drama. They also have the best dog ever. Scamp is easily the most gentle, loving, obediant hoss-of-a-dog I have ever seen.

The weekend flew by far too fast, and I could use a nap on this Monday afternoon . . .

3 comments:

Jo said...

Gee I wish you were MY neighbor! Good neighbors, like good renters are hard to find.

John Good said...

I used to be like that. I think I've finally given up on the lawn here - nothing grows due to far too many trees. . .(sigh)

Angie said...

I'm glad you like your renters. They sound great!