Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My funny boy . . .

Last night I was whooped and decided to go to bed early. The kids were still awake (fortunately still in their beds) and when they heard me coming up the stairs I was blessed with their presence in MY bed. We prayed together, laughed and said our goodnights. McCartney reached over to take my hand and accidently hit Harrison in the nose. I said, "Oh man, did sis hit you in the schnoz?" He giggled and said, "What the heck is a schnoz?" I told him it was a silly word for nose.

It became quiet. Suddenly in this sweet little voice Harrison said, "I love you mommy. Know how much?" To which the answer is inevitably "all my heart." But last night, in the quietest little voice, he said, "With all my schnoz." And all three of us broke out in the most uncontrollable laughter.

3 comments:

Patty said...

This post is the number one arguement for letting our kids come into our beds. My youngest still crawls in with me to unwind and check-in from time to time before hitting her own bed for the night.

Sheri said...

Yep. Whether I like it or not my kids make at least one appearance a night. Unfortunately I HATE being touched while I sleep and Harrison is a cuddler. UGH! But I put up with it because these are precious times, then when he falls asleep I elbow him over til he moves away! LOL

Angie said...

Kids are so cool! And say the most awesome things! Life would be very dull without them. Thanks for sharing.