Monday, August 14, 2006

Oh woe is me . . .

Ever feel like a complete and utter failure? That's me right now. I feel as though I couldn't be a worse mommy, wife, friend or employee right now. Maybe it's coming off this sickness, or maybe it's simply the truth. . . maybe right now I just plain suck.

Right now work is simply difficult. It's the beginning of the new schoolyear and we have so much to do. Working for my mother I take the brunt of her frustration, irritation and anxiety. Sometimes I'm not only the brunt of it, but also the source. I have an extremely hard time dealing with this since I struggle eveyrday to be the best employee I can, but typically NOHTING is good enough.

My FAS child is so very difficult right now as the anxiety for school increases. He is not only changing schools, but knows many changes will accompany his switch to Middle School. I fail him at every turn. I don't seem to have the patience or the understanding I need. I know that life with a child with special needs to particulary difficult. I know it sucks the life out of you and makes you feel completely useless to make any sort of change. I know that we are helping him the best we can. I know that in my head, but it's difficult to "feel it".

I feel as though there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all I have to do. I try and try, but I ultimately fail. I just feel as though I can't make anyone happy.

Thanks for listening to my pity party . . . you may now return to your original programming.

1 comment:

Kari said...

We all have days like this. Tomorrow is another day, Sheri. You've been sick and that takes its toll on your spirit as well as your body. Things will get better soon. Hugs! ~Kari