Monday, November 12, 2012

So much for that . . .

So much for blogging every day for November.  I blew it already, but this weekend was a rough one.  Dustin has been quite difficult and as I was opining to my mother on the phone yesterday (she is on vacation) she mentioned that it is "that time of year".  Duh!  Autumn is always particularly rough for him as he has had numerous traumaversaries in the fall. 

We had a visit to the psych on Thursday and what could I say other than he is doing as well as I can hope.  I don't have much hope that medication can control much of the behaviors we are seeing now.  The medication has done it's best to control his impulsivity and the mood disorder the best that we  could ask for.  The problem we are seeing now is simply being a self centered 5 year old in the body of a 17 year old.  The constant me, me, me mentality is sucking the life right out of us.  He worries about nothing but his needs, his desires and his happiness.  He cares virtually nothing for anyone around him of the needs of anyone else.  

It is tiring and frustrating.  I have to remind myself constantly that he ddid not ask for this life and it is my job to make it as pleasant as possible.  I fail at that daily, but I lay my head on that pillow nightly vowing that I will try again tomorrow.  

I suppose that is all I can do.

No comments: