Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mostly finished project . . .

The stairs have been finished as much as they are going to be for now.  If they hold up, I will likely make a few changes and take time to caulk all the joints in the wood and repaint the edges so things look clean and finished.  For now, they are good enough!

I ended up purchasing  16 x 24 carpet tiles from the Dollar Store (!!!) and a package of 97 cent nails with larger heads.  I did have to purchase 2 different tiles due to availability, but that is my favorite part.  I simply cut the tiles in half and tacked them on the treads with the nails.  $11 and I am so pleased with how they look!





The kids picked the words so they are all a bit different.  If I had picked them out they would all be the same family (like they would all be verbs) but it was a joint project and they are thrilled with their choices.

It is nearly impossible to photograph the steps, so these photos will have to do :)

5 comments:

GB's Mom said...

You are so talented! The stairs are awesome!

Kristine said...

You are amazing!!

stellarparenting.com said...

That looks amazing!I have been wanting to do a similar thing for a long time, maybe this year!

Sophie said...

LOVE!!

Seven From Heaven said...

Beautiful!!!!