Saturday, October 08, 2011

Fun artwork . . .

I am still loving me some Pinterest . . .

Button art is all over the place. I love buttons. This one struck my fancy so I made one for my daughter's bedroom wall. Good stuff. The canvas is 8x10 and a two pack at the Mart of Walls costs less than $6.


I painteda small canvas with turquoise and a bit of white and navy thrown in to create some depth in the color. I let that dry for a few minutes while watching a movie.

Then I took a paint pen and drew a tree with some swirly branches and let that drip for a bit longer.


Lastly I took the glue gun and glues on some fun buttons. Voila! Cheap, easy, fun artwork!
(I was too lazy to get up and get my camera, so phone photos will have to suffice!)

4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

I am jealous!

Linda said...

Very cool!

Kari said...

That is adorable! I could probably glue some buttons but my tree wouldn't be nearly as cute as yours.
~Kari

ms nk rey said...

That is so clever.