Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Laundry Soap update . . .

So, I made my laundry soap exactly one month and 2 days ago. I have used approximately 1/3 of the batch. I would've probably used less, but I am not a measure-er I kinda dump. I am trying to grasp that you only need 2 tablespoons, that does not seem like enough. I was brought up with a grandfather who believed that if some is good MORE is even better! I have to move past this.

Anyhoo, it is great. I big puffy heart it! My clothes are soft. My clothes are clean. I still use fabric softener, partially because I was given a case of chamomile-lavender Downy and partially because I will not give up the scent. I have made a little change to my routine to accommodate the powder. I will always start my wash on hot and put in the detergent. I swish it around a little until it dissolves, then put it back on cold and dump in the clothes. I found that it was not dissolving well before and this fixes that problem. I do think I will have to do a load of white's with bleach every so often as they do tend to look a little dingy ( I was warned of this! ) but truly who looks at my hubby's tighty-whities but me?!

I definitely do not see me going back to premade detergent anytime soon!

1 comment:

Missy said...

This is good news! I was wondering about this as I bought all of my laundry supplies this week...