Monday, July 12, 2010

PBJ . . .



A couple weeks ago I was reading a blog (forgive me, I cannot remember which one) and they were talking about Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I LOVE PBJ's! I am slightly addicted to them. I would take them to work everyday if I could. We have a child at work who is HIGHLY allergic and we cannot have them in the building. So I have to get my fix in the morning and evening . . . usually I have one for breakfast and one for a nighttime snack.

Anyway, this blogger was talking about hating when the jelly is lumpy. I also hate lumpy jelly. It is a travesty! Even worse, I hate when I am trying to spread lumpy jelly and it tears my bread. Ugh. This blogger decided to put their jelly (or jam) in the blender and make it smooth. Then they put it in a squirt container.

I felt stupid! I had never thought of blending my jelly. I did however imagine a terrible mess in the blender (I do not have a dishwasher) and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Since then I have been putting the jam in a small dish and stirring it briskly for a minute to smooth it out. Woot! Works perfectly! Even better, when I use my Pampered Chef sandwich cutter it turns out all even. (meds only treat so much of my OCD!)

My husband laughed at me for taking pictures of my sandwich making process, but here it is :

Mmmmm, Schmuckers Concord Grape Jam. . . is there any other kind?? (Grape is strictly for peanut butter and strawberry is only for toast in my world)


Mmmmmmm, smooooth!


Look at the even-ness.

3 comments:

Kari said...

You are stinkin' adorable. You and your PBJs. :-)

~Kari

:)De said...

I love it! Too cute.

QueenB said...

Gotta be chunky peanut butter, though. And, on both slices of bread. Jelly definitely has to be spread completely from corner to corner. Doesn't get any better than this!