Monday, July 26, 2010

Patience . . .

Patience is not my strong suit.

After the explosive evening last Monday when Dustin ran away Tuesday was even worse. Tuesday evening, Robert came to bed and rolled over. He immediately clutched his chest and began panicking. I sprung out of bed and began asking him what was wrong. He said he felt like he was having a heart attack. After some questions, I called for an ambulance. A fire truck was here within 3 minutes (we live around the corner from station #1) They gave Robert some aspirin and began checking him out. The EMT's arrived soon and they did a quick EKG. His heart looked ok but they transported him to the hospital. My mom came over to stay with the kids and we spent the night in the ER. Turns out, he pulled a muscle in his chest wall probably when chasing Dustin the night before.

While taking some Xrays, they found what they described as a mass in his lung. I was really proud of myself. I did not FREAK OUT. I stayed calm and listened when they told me it was probably nothing. It was small, they initially thought it was a shadow of his nipple. They wanted him to check it out immediately.

We were in the ER until 6:00am. Robert slept most of the next day and I called the doctor. The doctor wanted to see him the next day (Thursday) and sent him for an immediate CAT scan on Friday.

It was a long weekend. I thought about the mass a lot and what that would mean for us. I lost my father to cancer and most of his family. I fear cancer. We did a quick, impromptu trip down to Kentucky to visit Robert's family on Saturday which kept my mind off it for the most part.

Today we found out it is a benign nodule. Nothing to be concerned about.

I couldn't be more relieved.


GB's Mom said...

Grateful that it was benign.

:)De said...

oh thank goodness. So glad it is benign. Will they biopsy it?

zunzun said...

Oh that's wonderful...glad it worked out ok.

Kari said...

Whew. So glad to hear that it isn't something to worry about. Prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for a few drama free days in your house!

MomInTheTrench said...

So scary. I'm glad he's ok.