Friday, March 19, 2010

Success . . .

The talk to the pregnant girls went well. They were kind and attentive. I kept feeling like I was doing a scared straight program. I talked A LOT about Dustin and his issues. We talked about offering your baby the best possible start by making healthy choices. I think they heard me. I was honest and told them I harbored anger for Dustin's mother. I told them I knew it wasn't healthy, but I felt like I needed to be honest with them. One girl said, "I understand. You are angry because he could've had a better life. I bet she is angry with herself too." Whoa. The insight from a 16 year old pregnant teen. . .

I have also found out about a program that will give some services to Dustin. I am looking into it today. It is a newly funded program that offers respite (!!!!) and some in home services. It also deals with some transitional and independent living skills which is strongly needed. The goal is keeping kids out of residential treatment. We definitely qualify based on their requirements, I just hope it is a good fit for him. I am fearful about bringing in another team to deal with all this, but I have to have some semblance of trust in order to see if it will work. I am reaching past my limits with this one, but hopefully it will be a blessing. I am praying it meets our needs.

The littles are doing well in school. Harrison has a fabulous teacher this year and he adores her. McCartney has the kindergarten teacher that Harrison has and she is very kind. I am looking forward to Spring Break in a couple weeks. I am just looking forward to green grass and warmer temperatures and playing outside!

1 comment:

節奏 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.