Monday, December 21, 2009

Finishing up . . .

As it gets closer to Christmas I have been finishing some crafty things I have been working on. Want a peek?

Washer Necklaces

I started these a few months ago. You take a washer and modge podge some scrapbooking paper on them. Filing off the edges with a fingernail filing block. Then you apply several coats of modge podge to make them shiny. I abandoned them because I COULD NOT get them smooth and they were irritating me. I found something called Triple Thick diamond finish for jewelry and decided to give it a try. They are drying right now and it does seem to be self leveling and they look good as of right now. We shall see.



Photo Blocks

I saw these on Little Birdie Secrets recently and thought they are fabulous! I tried them tonight and I really like how it turned out.



You start with a plain wood block. It was $1.47 at Hob Lob. I think if I do them again, I will go get a board at Lowes and cut it myself. I think I would like it a little more rustic and chunky. I painted mine green and them dry brushed cream over it and wiped it off.


Then you add some scrapbooking paper and a picture printed on regular paer with modge podge. When that was dry I antiqued the paper a bit and filled the edges with a nail file block to crust it up a little.


Close your eyes mom! Then I added some ribbon and a cute sparkly thing from Hob Lob. Cute!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sheri!

I enjoy your creativity and your wonderful mothering.

Much peace in the New Year to you.

Kari said...

I love it!

Merry Christmas, Sheri! ~Kari