Sunday, August 30, 2009

Can I just tell you . . .

Can I tell you how much I accomplished this weekend?

I went through the kids summer clothes. Tagged the clothes that would not fit next year for the resale and boxed them up.

I ripped up the carpet in the living room and extra room and bought new large areas rugs which meant visits to 2 Lowes was necessary. (We have hard wood floors but they have inserts so you have to have large rugs) This entailed moving all the furniture out and then back in.

I did about 6 loads of laundry and put it away.

Furminated Cayenne and the cat.

Mowed the lawn, trimmed the lawn, trimmed the bushes, trimmed two trees, blew the leaves, and generally cleaned up the yard.

Rescreened a screen from the living room window. Cleaned both living room windows inside and out.

Went grocery shopping. Browned 4 pounds of ground beef, bagged and froze them. Fried bacon, boiled eggs and cut veggies for salads and made 3 large salads for lunch this week. Made home-made chicken salad for lunches. And then made egg casserole for dinner.

Cleaned out the refrigerator and the laundry room.

Finished the 7th Sookie Stackhouse book by Charlaine Harris.

Did 6 hours of daycare work.

Wanna know why I am so freakin' proud of this list? Robert is having a really hard time with his hip. He was doing much better and now it is getting worse. He spent most of the weekend in bed in a pain-killer stupor. So I did all this with my 3 kids who are behaving fantastically. Amazing! I even took Dustin shopping both days and we was great.

I am certain i will be whining about behavior soon enough, but tonight I am relishing the fact that we had a good and productive weekend.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Big accomplishments!!!! Yahoo!

I love me some Sookie. Life stopped until I finished them all. Expectantly awaiting the next one. ;-)

Kari said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it all!

Jo said...

I am beyond impressed! Wow! Prayers for Robert's hip though. I am so sorry.

Carol said...

Well, at first I was feeling inadequate (how DOES she do all of this?), then I felt compassion for Robert and his pain (tell him I'm thinking of him and sorry it hurts so bad), then I felt very happy that your kids were wonderful while you did all of that work.

Whew! Now I'm tired. And I haven't accomplished a thing today.