Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday in pictures . . .

and of course a little commentary . . .

Harrison and Robert got up nice and early this morning for a visit to Lowes for a kid workshop. He made a little treasure chest and enjoyed every minute of it. They are headed back in 2 weeks for another project.

I was doing some repair work with the sewing machine this afternoon and felt like being creative. I went to the pile of old clothes I was saving for possible small projects and found a skirt that used to be mine. I loved the fabric, but it was too short for me. After conferring with McCartney we decided to make a sundress. It may not win any accolades, but she likes it and she helped. I think it is kinda cute. I love the long straps tied in a big bow.

Remember when Harrison made "donuts"? I have decided that we will one day perish in a microwave fire if the boy doesn't learn. Today he decided to make Easy Mac and didn't add water. Nice.

Ahhhh the joys of being a teenager. Zits. At least he is a good sport.


Robert 's computer desk and his recording studio lives in the dining room. I HATED the desk he had and it didn't really fit in the corner it was in. In was definitely not providing enough space and had no storage. I have been rolling an idea around in my head for some time. Last night we went and bought materials and made a desk. I don't think I will be taking orders to replicate it (giggle) but I like it, it meets our needs and it fits in the space. It isn't completely done, but when it is I will share pictures of that too. I was up until 2am last night! Yawn.

2 comments:

zunzun said...

Girl...you've been rocking that sewing machine lately...gives me hope...I picked up the knitting and the crocheting with some relative ease but the sewing...lets just say that I've never cursed at a machine as much as I've cursed at mine. And I have this grand idea of making a quilt some day!LOL The dress looks great!

Kari said...

I had no idea that's what Easy Mac would look like if cooked without water. I can only imagine the smell. Wow.

And I LOVE the dress!