Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The waiting game . . .

Today I sit at the hospital again. I am sitting in the same waiting room where we waited for my grandmother to come out of surgery. This time, my grandfather (my mom's dad) is having a lung removed. The week my grandmother was in the hospital my grandfather was told he had cancer in his lung. It is the "good" kind of cancer so they can remove it but at the cost of loosing an entire lung.

He is of course frightened. I am having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sitting here. But, all will be well.

3 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Maybe you all will get a wing named for your family at that hospital.
(trying a little humor to lift spirits and hopefully not inappropriate)

zunzun said...

Seems like lately you are multi-tasking between bad things...hang in there...make sure to carve some time for yourself (you can stop laughing now but it's true..you NEED to do this)...even if you are handling it all the stress will still affect your body so sneaking off for a bit or buying yoursel a nice little treat here and there can make a big difference in coping. Logs of hugs.

Torina said...

Craptastic. I hope he has a speedy recovery and your life goes back to "normal" pretty soon!