Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I love clearance . . .

I am working on crocheting a baby blanket. Yesterday I stopped by a fabric store to get more yarn. I hadn't been in this particular store for yarn and I found a clearance bin in the back. I got some cool flat yarn and some raggy ribbon yarn for 50% off. I made 2 scarves. They turned out pretty cool. The blue one is for Harrison and the multi/turquoise one is for McCartney. My mom just got a coat for next year on clearance and it is turquoise.
This one I doubled the yarn, used a double stitch and used a 5.5 crochet hook. It was relatively fast, I finished it in about 2 hours. It is pretty heavy. It is also really soft especially for 100 % acrylic. Harrison said, "Fringe is for girls!" So the ends are naked.

This yarn was raggedy edged and I bought multi and solid turquoise. I doubled them up, did singel stitch and used the giant crochet hook that looks like it belongs in cartoons. It was pretty difficult to find your stitch, but once I got the hang of feeling for it, it went really fast. I finished it in well under 2 hours. Since I was informed that "Fringe is for girls!" I added nice long fringe on this one.


And here are the pictures of the new spectacles . . . please ignore the unplucked eyebrows. That has been my last priority lately!


Oh so original huh? LOL

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Totally loving the scarf and the glasses!!!!