Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Really big prayers . . .


Alright people. . . I am almost done with the blanket I am crocheting for McCartney. I hope to finish it tonight and start the scalloped edging. Do you know what this novice crochet-er is doing tomorrow? I am teaching dear sweet Amber how to crochet. Amber and I went to church together "back in the day" and she used to run a small children's clothing resale shop here in town. In fact she was going out of business when I had Harrison and I bought a TON of clothes from her!

Anyhoo, through the magic of the "internets" Amber read a comment I left over at Postcards From Insanity about children's wardrobes where I began bestowing heaps of praise on our local Goodwills that lead to a previous post here. Amber is a reader of Postcards, and had to see who in the heck was talking about Northern Indiana Goodwills. We reconnected and found out our lives have been oddly similar over the last few years. She and her husband have done foster care and adopted also.

Head on over and give Amber some love. Her darling angel is having open heart surgery in a few short weeks. She needs all the positive vibes she can get and a few prayers thrown in for good measure. Thus, I am teaching her how to crochet to keep her busy all those hours at the hospital.

Hmmm, by the look of the picture I stole borrowed from her blog, maybe I should see if you can crochet bows! ;)

2 comments:

Jo said...

What a good friend you are! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me!

my life: said...

Sheri!!! How sweet are you??? I am going to blog all about it once I get a little further on the scarf. :0) Thanks again friend...next time, it's all about food!