Thursday, April 24, 2008

Worst day ever . . .

okay, maybe not ever, but a really close second. On my way out the door this morning I realized I couldn't find my purse. I looked everywhere I knew to look and didn't find it. I ran out the door and got the kids to school before Harrison missed his bus. By the time I got to work, I was freaking out. My boss let me go home and look again. I turned the house upside down. I retraced my steps. I swore it had to be at work. I went back to work to look. No purse.

I was still freaking out and Robert was home looking like crazy. It had my keys, cell phone, wallet, social security cards for me and all three kids, checkbook, EVERYTHING in it. By this time my mom was at work and helped me think where it could be. I was a mess of worry, so she sent me back home to look again. Robert and I left no stone unturned. We have a rental car this week and I scoured the car, it's teeny tiny, so I knew it wasn't hiding in there. We gave up. The ONLY place it could be was the ball diamonds, but I SWORE I didn't take it last night.

I went back to work and tried not to worry. I was a mess all day. The bank had no activity on my accounts or my credit cards, so I didn't think someone had stolen it. I was freaking out all day until I got a hold of the diamonds. About 4:30 someone answered at the concession stand and lo and behold they had it! I think I took my first breath of the day at that time. Woohooo! I don't think I've ever been so relieved. Robert went and picked it up after Harrison's dental appointment and we were reunited soon after.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I hugged and kissed my purse. . .

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you found it! I had my purse stolen once and replacing everything was a mess.