Wednesday, June 20, 2007

They grow up so fast . . .


Yesterday I got kindergarten shots for Harrison. I can hardly believe that he will go to school in the fall. I never thought he would grow so big so fast. About 4 months ago, when he was still 4, he brought me a book and began reading. I mean reading. For about a year and a half he has been sounding out letters and putting together blends. He knows about silent e and how it makes the vowel long. He can tell you about rhyming words and opposites. He even knows what punctuation is. He has been reading random words for a while, but he brought me book and READ it. I was amazed!

I have had an issue with the daycare moving farther from my home. Due to that fact, our neighborhood school does not transport to the daycare. I finally was able to opt him into a school in that area and we are all set. It has been a huge stressor and now it is all done. I am so thankful that I got him into a school closer to the daycare and transportation will be taken care of. But, the fact remains, my baby boy is going to school. . .

2 comments:

Patty said...

School maybe, but not college like my baby is.

Hey wait, I'm happy about that. Probably because now that she is 18 I make her pay for everything for herself, and she is just going to community college (so we can cash flow that and not go into debt while she saves for the last two years), so she is not really going anywhere is she now?

That is pretty cool that he is reading so early. If one can read they can figure anything out!

Joe said...

.. just wait until they move away .. 1,200 miles away ... and call some place else "home"

:(