Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pre-Monday Meanderings. . .

I have had a whirlwind of a weekend. We were so very busy this weekend, but it all ended very nicely. Dustin was pretty well behaved this weekend especially since we had so many different things happen to screw with his routine. I'm not so certain that tomorrow at school will be very good though. Typically a whirlwind weekend ends up making a crazy Monday. He did go with my mom to a fast food "jungle" to crawl through tubes tonight while Robert and I attended a holiday function, so he should sleep well. Hopefully no biting, hitting or crawling around will happen at school tomorrow.

I had the opportunity as we attended 2 holiday parties this weekend to talk to some people about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and I always love when I get to educate someone new about this horrible disorder. My least favortie thing is hearing "Oh you two are so wonderful. He's so lucky to have you" because I don't feel wonderful most of the time. I feel ineffective and angry most of the time . I also hate referring to it as a disorder, because it is totally 100 % preventable, unfortunately the one who gets the disorder has nothing to do about it. I think that educating people is important, but I think that educating prospective mothers, young mothers and addicted mothers is the true key . . . like what Kari does. I'm working on my bitterness. I am truly angry with Dustin's birth mother for being so selfish to continue to drnk while she was pregnant, but I wasn't there, I wasn't in her shoes. I need to heal from that anger, but it is so difficult as I and more importantly Dustin lives with her mistake daily.

NEXT. . .

There has been all sorts of talk about me and my views lately. I've been called names had cute little commentary on other's blogs about me and my views, etc. I put those views out there so they are indeed fair game. I am not be-moaning that fact. Your commentary makes me laugh. It makes me more certain that I have chosen the proper friends in life, and more importantly, makes me happy that I live in a country where I can post what I please, and others can as well. As long as I am not breaking the rules of the service I am using, or the laws of the land, I have the wonderful opportunity to spill my guts. If you don't like it or agree, post a comment. I welcome your opinions so long as they are not nasty. Go ahead and write about me on your blog. It simply increases traffic here and maybe one of your readers will come over here, read something they agree with and/or learn something. Life is full of differing opinions. That makes for a wonderfully fullfilling life.

Believe what you may, I am an open minded person. I love to learn about what other people are thinking, that's why blogging is fun for me. (well that and the plain and simple nosey-ness)
I will never know you from reading your blog. I will only know what I read, tempered with my own experiences in the vaccuum that typing produces. I may learn certain things about you, but I will never KNOW you. In the same manner you will not know me. I am pretty up front in person. I am right there. What you see is what you get, but blogging will never get you that "feeling". You will never know my intentions, so don't make an ass of yourself and assume you do. So go ahead call me a liar. You are simply making yourself look foolish. That is, except in the eyes of your sheep. . .

Baaaaah

1 comment:

John Good said...

It was an unusually busy weekend for us as well. . .oh yeah, we shared alot of it! And had a great time, I might add. . .