Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Great things you hear at daycare . . . part 2

Never heard anything like this before . . .

Teacher : I know you would like to cut the hairs in your nose, but they aren't long enough for that yet.

Boy : But my daddy does.

Teacher : I know he does, but yours aren't ready yet.

And my favorite after 15 years . . .

The set up:
I had a girl in my class whose parents raised Great Danes. Her father who had never been at our dacyare brought one in one time for show - n- share. A boy from my co-workers class named Cameron was quite an ornery thing. This is the child that likes to pee on the toilet paper roll just to see it grow, and pee in the easel tray to fill it up. His father was quite concerned about his behavior, and dad was quite intimidating even to us as teachers. Nice man, but large and commanding. Here's how the show -n-share ionstance went.

The instance:
Haley's dog was LARGE. This back was about eye level with the children. Some smaller children were shorter than the dogs back. Cameron walked around the dog, stopping just in the rear of the dog. He bent over and looked under the dogs tail which was cropped. He moved to the side and looked under the dog. He then moved to the other side and looked once again under the dog.

The kicker:
He pops his head up, points at the dogs Who-Whos and says . . .
"Hey! My dod's gots them!"

My co-worker and I lost it!

No comments: