Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My cat is an addict . . .

Ozzy is a fabulous cat. He comes when he is called and truly acts more like a dog than a cat. He has developed one large problem. . . his addiction to pharmaceuticals. It started with Fish Oil. He began by knocking my pill box off the dresser to pop it open in order to get to the Fish Oil gel tabs inside. He punctures them with his teeth and steps on them to squirt out the ooey-gooey fish oil gunk. It has progressed to Robert's meds. Robert is a diabetic so he has a large amount of pills he takes each day. Robert has to hide his pill box so the cat doesn't knock it over. Ozzy's drug of choice is Prozac. He gnaws up the caplet to spill out the meds. I have noticed the cat is calmer lately. . .

I am a little freaked out by this. Not only is the cat an addict, but I know the meds can't possibly be good for him. Lord have mercy, between the cat and Dustin, I am going to have a nervous breakdown . . . and we won't have anymore Prozac.

4 comments:

cshellz said...

I'm sorry about your day, but you if you knew me you would understand why I needed this laugh so much. I will be smiling all day at the visual of your cat 'jonesing' for a fix and pawing through your drug supply for the good stuff...like fish oil. (snicker)

The Accidental Mommy said...

My cat is a bleach head. Don't even try to clean anything using bleach, he will actually roll in it. Good thing he has white fur, bright white.

obladi oblada said...

My cat could actually benefit from prozac. She also eats dog food.

zunzun said...

OMG...it's like "crack" for cats...I need to get one of mine not only on Prozac but on Ritalin...the other one would benefit from my anti-anxiety meds!LOL Sorry...not minimizing your anxiety over the darn cat's addiction but if you can't laugh...well..you know...you'll cry! ;)