Sunday, August 09, 2009

What was that noise? . . .



So, I am sitting in the dining room making earrings. McCartney and I are making earrings to earn money for a fundraiser we are doing at the daycare. The children's ministries are partnering together to dig a well in a village in Tanzania. We are saving change and I decided Cart and I could make earrings and sell them for 100% profit. We sold about $40 in earrings last week and I needed to make more. As we are making earrings I hear this enormous "metal" crash. I truly thought that the upstairs window A/C unit had fallen out, it was that kind of noise. Robert got up and looked out and hollered, "Grab your camera!"

This was the scene from our dining room window. . .


They are attempting to push the car out right before she gets in the car and starts revving the engine trying to make it reverse. During this he is yelling, "Go! Go! Go!" Needless to say they didn't get very far. Robert called 911 and the operator seemed quite uninterested in the fact that someone had hit a house and were tryingto flee the scene. I went out to get a photo of the license plate for the home owner and the fire department came who in turn called the police.

Both the firefighters and the police were completely uninterested in what we had to say so I stayed in my house and gawked. (That's the way I roll) After they all left I noticed the landlord was there and I went over. He said she was not only uninsured, but also unlicensed. She said someone had caused her to vere off the road and remarkably she managed to go completely thru the parking lot, avoid the garage of another neighbor, avoid the telephone pole and only hit the house. Baloney! She was thinking that it was an alley. I think she missed her turn and was trying to cut through the houses.




4 comments:

Reighnie said...

Damn! That's crazy!

Kari said...

Wow- some excitement in your neighborhood instead of mine! Crazy drivers!

Miz Kizzle said...

What a pair of losers. Why wasn't she was charged with reckless driving, destruction of property and attempting to leave the scene of an accident? Nobody drives like that unless they're seriously impaired. Did the cops check her out for booze or drugs?
That kind of thing annoys me no end.

Linda B said...

Unreal. It's scarey how the police didn't take much interest in it.