McCartney and I were shopping at Goodwill a few weeks ago. It was 50% off day and when we were leaving, we came across a big tub of mardi gras beads for a quarter each.
We bought a bunch and I immediately thought about making a light fixture for her bedroom. I knew I had a hanging light kit and an old fabric lampshade cover for it that had seen better days.
I knew I could do something with it. . . I simply used small small gauge wire and a pair of wire cutters.
I started by pulling off the old fabric from the outer layers. I decided to keep the inner layer so that the light bulb would have a bit of a covering. Then I simply started using the wire to tie the beads to the metal frame.
The chandelier turned out so cute. I used a plant hanger screwed into her window frame to hold the lamp kit. She thinks it is spectacular and I think we spent a total of $3 on it!
Not to be rude or anything, but....
22 hours ago