Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wooohooo . . .

I decided yesterday that I was going to do the Couch to 5K program. Today I actually completed day 1 week1. This one was a 5 minute walk then 90 seconds of walking followed by 60 seconds of jogging for the remainder. The workout was 29.5 minutes.

It was easier than I thought it would be. I was amazed at myself. It is 90 degrees outside and I didn't even need my inhaler. I am certain it was not pretty to see, but I DID IT!

I'm taking you along for the ride so I need some lovin'! :)

2 comments:

Elly said...

Yay go you! Coincidentally, I did Week 1, Day 1 today too! (But I waited til the sun went down - way down - before I attempted it, so I am in awe of you doing it in the big heat!)

Anonymous said...

way to go!! i went from a non runner to a runner in about a month and a half. i didn't follow the couch to 5k regimen, but used pretty much the same logic...walk a little/run a little. i now easily run 5 miles about 4x/week :) You can do it!!