There has been an incident in town that involves a special needs child and an alleged spanking. The other stations in town are reporting that he had his pants taken down in the classroom with the other children present.
This makes me ill on so many levels, but what stirs me up the most is the asinine comments that the articles are receiving on the television stations websites. I broke the comments down into categories for you.
1. I was whooped in school and I turned out ok.
2. Buy the teacher a beer, he didn't deserve to be treated like that.
3. Special needs or not he should behave.
4. If it was my kid, I would be mad, that is a parent's job.
5. That's what's wrong with society, we need to spank more.
6. Special needs my ass, his parents use that as an excuse.
7. Why is he in a class of normal kids?
8. It's in a bad neighborhood, the kids was probably deserving.
9. If the parents did their job he wouldn't need to be spanked.
10. It's probably a single welfare mom.
My blood pressure is off the c harts right now. Seriously. I makes me physically sick that people not only think those things, but voice them. Half of these people had a name attached to their comment. Seriously, I would hide in a hole if I said half this stuff. For flipping out loud!
Ignorant buffoons. With a few exceptions, maybe 10 of the comments, people were okay with this child being spanked . . . by someone who is not their parent . . .some even said the marks were not a big deal. Probably half said that CPS needs to mind their own business.
Holy Lord. What kind of country do I live in?
I would wager to guess that all these people would freak the heck out if it was their child who came home "walking funny" with marks on their butt. I think a few of these people would threaten bodily harm to someone who pulled their child's pants down in the class in front of the other children.
Now, I don't know if this really happened or not. It is still being investigated. I am certain that the other children will tell the true story. What I have issue with is the reactions of these people.
One person said, "If their special needs why are the even with kids who are not special needs." O. M. G. You did not just say that?!
What is your take on this?
Light The World: Day 17
10 hours ago