Thursday, September 24, 2009

Can you see it? . . .

Isn't it funny that when you step back and look at something you can see the signs coming from a mile away? But, when you are in the thick of it, you don't see the forest for the trees. I can sit and think about all the ways Dustin has changed over the last month or so and can see the psychosis and the delusional thinking creeping in. Not that I saw it while it was happening mind you. What is that called, Monday morning quarterbacking?

I can see it in his eyes in this picture taken Sunday. He is not quite with us. He is not in reality.

Compared with this picture earlier in August.

Can you see it? I can and it's not just the smile that is missing and it frightens me.

2 comments:

Thorn said...

You're right, he's gone flat. These things are so much easier to see with distance than when you're right in the thick of it. Poor boy, and poor family. I hope those smiling eyes can come back still.

Linda said...

Oh Sheri, it's hard to see this, isn't it. I usually see things in pictures that I never noticed before too. Like about a month ago we were at my nephews wedding and we brought DQ with. I thought she looked pretty normal, but when I saw the family picture and others, I saw how flat her affect looked. It was startling to me. He's still in there...I hope he gets the right kind of help soon. Hugs to you~