Saturday, July 26, 2008

Insane week . . .

I had a crazy schedule this week. I did my usual field trips, but usually it is only one place 4 times and then a pool trip 4 times. This week we had the opportunity to go to the Allen County 4-H fair one day for free so I mixed it up. We also visited a local play-place hat had moved into a bookstore and I was pleasantly surprised at how well liked it (except for one nasty girl I had to take down a notch), but that was too young for my oldest group so we headed to Black Pine Animal Park for their trip. I love Black Pine and blogged about it after our trip last year. If you live in the area and have not been there, you really should go. I was sad to learn that many animals passed since last season, ones that had been around for a long time, but was thrilled to see old favorites. . .

I also worked long days since one of our supervisors was on vacation, fixed a window Dustin broke (myself, thank you), went to the dermatologist because my lumps are still not gone, went to the doctor because I now have MRSA* (thanks Dustin), shopped for school clothes and supplies (ugh), and, my favorite part of the week, found 2 kids in the same family with REALLY BAD cases of head lice. Ahhhh, the joys of daycare . . .

It has seemed like a stressful and disjointed week, but it wasn't really all that bad. I just hope this week is easier . . .

* by the way, Dustin complained about how badly the boils hurt, and I thought he was being overly dramatic because usually he doesn't feel much pain. Yeah, he wasn't exaggerating, they hurt like a mother! Sorry dude!

3 comments:

Marla said...

Lordy girl, you do have a lot going on. I am so sorry to hear you now are dealing with the boils. Gadz. That must really hurt.

I really want to go to Black Pine. I cannot believe we have not been there yet.

I hope this week is better for you.

Jo said...

You keep your week, I will keep mine. Especially keep your MRSA, cause we don't need that at our house.

Stephen Tvedten said...

You can safely and effectively kill lice with salt water or a sauna - learn how to kill lice without killing yourself or the earth......

Pediculicide POISONS do not remove nits and are dangerous. Among the reactions to poison shampoo or lice "treatments" are seizures, mental retardation, many different allergies and respiratory problems, strange tingling, burning, itching, attention deficit disorders, brain tumors, leukemia, cancer and death.

I have used a sauna and/or salt water to safely and effectiely kill lice (but the nits remain).

I have also used ½ oz. of Safe Solutions, Inc. Lice R Gone® Enzyme Shampoo and/or their Enzyme Cleaner with Peppermint per shampoo-type application to safely remove both lice and nits.

Read how to safely control all pests at http://www.thebestcontrol2.com