Thursday, March 16, 2006

Liar, Liar pants on fire . . .


I hate lying! I hope those who lie do have their pants catch on fire. I think I maybe it's because I was brought up in a strict home, but I cannot fathom how a person can lie and not feel guilty. I DETEST lying. I think the only thing I hate more is a poor work ethic. Sometimes I think I am blunt and have very little tact because I can't lie. Thankfully, my husband is not a liar. He can't lie. Even when he tries I know. . .

I struggle with adults who lie more than chidlren. Be a "grown-up" and face up to your misgivings and mistakes. Honesty can cover a multitude of sins. I would much rather you tell me you caught me house on fire, for example, than to lie about it and still be my friend. Don't lie to me one day and be all nicey nice the next. I hate when people lie over the stu[pidest little things. It simply tells me that I can't believe anything you say and calls everything you do into question.

I don't struggle with lying from Dustin so much anymore. I have come to learn that it is simply a part of his disorder, PDD and FAS, and it is not usually intentional. Sometimes he lies because his brain says, "You must have a reason, hurry, make one up." Sometimes he lies becuase he was severely physically abused and lies to cover "sins" that would've earned him pain in his birth-home. Sometimes he lies becuase he can't even remember the offense.

I hope that I instill honesty in my children. I would hate to think that my children missed that valuable part of my upbringing.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Have you ever thought of talking to that person about how you feel? Maybe it wasn't a lie but a misunderstanding?

Sheri said...

Well, I wasn't talking about a particular instance. This post all started because Dustin has been lying about the most foolish things.

Hmm feeling a little guilty? *giggle* Just kiddin'