Sunday, March 06, 2011

Quinoa Tabbouleh . . .




Yesterday I attended a baby shower and had a wonderful quinoa tabbouleh. I decided to make some today since I has a date with the grocery store last night. I read about 6-7 recipes on web and kinda "winged" a combo of them.

I chopped up about 1 1/2 of flat leaf parsley
3 chopped roma tomatoes
1 chopped cucumber
1/3 c olive oil
1/2 c lemon juice
2T of mint or more if you like
sea salt and white pepper to taste
pinch of garlic


I cooked 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups water and let it cool. Mixed all ingredients and I ate with blue corn chips.


Quinoa is a grain-like crop that contains a balanced set of amino acids with is a rare find in the plant world for a complete protein source. It is a good source of dietary fiber and high in magnesium and iron. It is great for those on a gluten free diet and is easy for your body to digest.

1 comment:

Pale said...

That looks really good. Thanks for posting that. Now I have to try it.

PS. Love the countertops :)