Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A different child . . .

I have blogged before that Dustin is what I called compartmentalized. He is a diffrent child each place he goes. The behaviors we see at home are not the ones they see at school. His likes and dislaikes are ven different in different situations. When we are home he listens better to Robert. When we are visiting relatives in Kentucky he will not listen to Robert, only to me. He is an odd bird.

I spoke to his facilitator this morning a little more about this weekend at the carnival. She asked about his anxiety about weather. I was confused and she said that he freaked out when it started sprinkling. He went into a tent and refused to come out. She said he was very agitated and very afraid. I listened to all this and said, "Do you remember when I said he acted differently in different situations?" She said yes and I said, "When it rains, we can hardly keep him in the house he wants to play in the rain at home."

She was shocked. He also kept perseverating on playing the Wii. Funny thing is, they don't have a Wii. Even after telling him that, he would. not. let. it. go. He kept insisting he had played a Wii there before. He has never been there.

That's my boy.

No comments: