Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday . . .

I spent the night at the hospital with Dustin since I have to do his IEP today and I am supposed to get my hair cut and colored (which may not happen). It was freakin' miserable. He could not decide whether he wanted to pee, chat, watch TV, or complain loudly of his chest and belly. . .

My poor boy is miserable and I am wickedly tired!

Nothing is moving down there and just in the last few hours they have pulled 300cc out of his belly so nothing is heading that way either. I have a feeling that we may be headed to surgery today, but then again, I thought that yesterday. . .

He did get his chlozapine and even his morning meds. Yay! I am particularly tired of telling every new nurse that Dustin is moderately mentally handicapped and that he will not "chat" with you like a typical 14 year old! read the freakin' chart already. (when my dog goes to the vet there is a huge red tag on the front of his chart that says she may bite if you try to give a shot. They really should put a big red tag on Dustin's chart that says, "He cannot tell you his pain on a scale of 1-10, he cannot tell you what school he goes to, and he will not chat about friends, his favorite subject, or sports. He may however tell you about Dora and Barney if you ask" Boy, a red sticker to identify MoMH status, that would piss off some of the militant special needs moms out there! hehehehe) I may sound like I am complaining here, but all in all our experience with the hospital and the nurses has been very positive. I suppose I can always find something to complain about . . .

4 comments:

Jo said...

Your poor boy. And poor you! I hate being that tired, I just don't function well when I am. Prayers.

kats&kids said...

I agree about the red sticker. I get so sick and tired of explaining this, especially in front of Andrew. I don't think it is right to do that in front of him all of the time.
I hope Dustin is feeling better soon. I know exactly what it feels like when nothing is moving in either direction. Not good at all.

kats&kids said...

I don't know why my comment came unfer the kats&kids name, but am Linda at www.allcrazyhere.blogspot.com
Weird

Torina said...

I hear ya. I hate that explanation. Like after T's last surgery I had to explain that she was disabled over and over and over again and we were only there for 4 hours. I bet I had to explain myself 6 times. You must be on the 153rd explanation at this point.