Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trimming trees . . .

Yesterday I went up on the porch roof to trim trees. We planted an apple tree with Harrison's placenta (I know, we are weird) and a pear tree with McCartney's. This season they took on a life of their own. The grew much higher than usual and I let them go with my busy schedule. It was time to tame them.

I'm certain we looked amusing to our neighbors. As I was trimming on the roof trying not to fall off, McCartney was hanging out the bedroom window throwing the ball back and forth with Daddy on the ground. Then I broke out the ladder and finished the job on the ground. We played the "game" that the child who picked up the most branches and threw them in the trash won. We had a three way tie! Hey, at least they picked up.

The following pictures are not for the faint of heart . . . or nanny. . .


No comments: