Monday, August 18, 2008


Today I put my baby boy on his school bus to first grade. Last year at this time I was a nervous wreck, putting my little one on a great big bus to school. I even drove to school and made sure he got off the bus and into the classroom he belonged in. I was a mess. Today I was calm and happy to see him off to another year.

About 30 minutes later, I get a call about Harrison. He had thrown up on the bus. Great. The lady from the school office thought he was fine and he had no temperature. I told her I thought it could be nerves, but that I would bring him new clothes and check on him. When I got to he school, I asked him how he was. He said fine. I asked if he was still feeling sick. He said, "I think I was just a little anxious." I asked if he wanted to stay at school and he said yes.

My little worrier. I think he was stressed out about finding his room and seeing his teacher. He is a really good puker like his mother. Hopefully lunch will stay down. . .

While I was there, there was a child sitting on an aide's lap in the office. He looked terribly upset and I overheard her telling someone that someone from another school ACROSS TOWN was coming to get him because he got on the wrong bus that in turn took him to the wrong school. YIKES! I knew I should be worried for a reason. . .

3 comments:

Jo said...

Awww mom, your babies are growing up!

Ashley's Mom said...

Sheri, my name is Deborah, and I am one of the writers for the 5Minutes For Special Needs site. Marla B. suggested that you would be a good person for me to feature for one of my Sunday interviews for the site.

Could you contact me, and we can discuss? Thanks!

Deborah
nickersonhome@aol.com
PipecleanerDreams

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

My son started the fourth grade this year - "my baby" and he seemed a little upset when I told him I would not be meeting him at school to help him find his class this year. When I went on to say that he is such a big boy now and getting all grown up I was sure he would be just fine.....

A big smile crossed his face as he said, "I will be just fine Mom, don't worry."

Kids!