Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cutie Pies . . .


So I shamelessly stole this great picture of Dustin and Maizie from Marla. I'll ask for her blessing later . . .

I know I have been talking alot about Marla and Maizie lately, but it truly is a remarkable thing in our household that Dustin has a buddy. It amazing and just what the doctor ordered. I better stop posting about it or Marla may think I'm obsessing over her child! LOL Robert and Dustin met the two ladies at the zoo yesterday, and other than expressing a little discomfort about people he may run into thinking he was cheating on me with Marla, they enjoyed their time with the animals.

What I think is happening is that I have been enjoying Dustin so much lately. His annoying habits have ceased a little bit the last couple weeks and he has morphed into this adorable, pleasant and happy child. That child hasn't been seen much around these parts lately, and it's nice to be able to share his joys and his accomplishments with you all as we travel this journey. Maizie came into his life in the middle of this transformation, so he is crediting having a buddy with the other good stuff, he talks about her almost constantly (if only he could stop asking me "that girl's" name 100 times a night) . So, you'll be getting a bunch of adorable Dustin posts . . . sure beats the heck out of the "I could strangle him" posts.

The other kids have been doing well. Harrison is busy enjoying his summer full of field trips and tons of visits to the zoo. McCarntey is doing so well in physical therapy and I have noticed a HUGE decrease in her complaints of pain since we started water therapy. What a blessing!

All in all it's a much better week than last!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you guys have connected. How wonderful! See you tomorrow!

Marla said...

I am totally cracking up that Robert was worried about people thinking we were "together". Too funny. I wondered why he never made eye contact and stayed about five feet behind or in front and had to leave quite quickly.;)

Maizie and Dustin are quite the pair. I am so glad Dustin likes Maizie and has seen their time together as positive. They are both in need of more friends, no doubt about that. We want to have Dustin over here soon to play. I am glad his meds are working well.

Thank goodness Mc Cartney's therapy is going well. Constant pain is terrible, especially for a little child. I know when M was in PT it was a lot of hard work taking her to appointments and "doing" the exercises with her at home. She should probably be back in thearpy but I am so tired of appointments lately. I am praying for Mc Cartney's spine and that surgery is not required.

Jo said...

Isn't wonderful??? I am rejoicing with you. I love, love, love Lithium, it can really be a wonder drug. And I am so totally thrilled that your baby girl is feeling better.