Sunday, April 27, 2008

Workin' for the weekend. . .

I worked my tushi off this weekend. We began by finished siding the dog house with our salvaged cedar fencing and I added some finishing touches. Some branches from my mom's backyard, a sign I dremeled and a few of my dad's old license plates made it is stinkin' adorable and the dogs really are using it! Our backyard has no grass, so that is a job for next weekend. Thankfully between the deck we built a few weeks ago, this LARGE doghouse, and a 10x10 cement pad we use as a place to shoot hoops, we have very little to till and seed.

Here is a picture of Bark Manor . . .


Then yesterday I decided that some plants I had saved last year needed a new home. I have this little space on the side of the house that I replant things people give me hoping to find a home for them the next year. These were some of it's inhabitants. I cut out a couple beds from the front and made 2 cute planter beds. One has some star-gazer lillies and hostas and this one here has hostas and some little ferns creeping up. . .


The only causality of the weekend, besides my black feet from being barefoot, was Dustin. On Friday McCartney whacked him across the bridge of the nose with a shovel totally on accident. I really thought it was broken. Then yesterday one of the neighbor's dogs nipped his butt and bruised one of his "cheeks". To top it all off, today he was right behind me and I tripped over his foot, stumbled and elbowed him in the right eye. He looks like he was in a prize fight.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That dog house is frickin' CUTE!!!! Poor Dustin. I hope his week is better.