Monday, April 21, 2008

TBall, Burger King Playground and Dog Houses. . . .

I sit here listening to Ian Astbury sing to me at work. I was perusing some blogs early this morning and I came across a Cult video on Angie's site. I have been listening to it for awhile now. I need to go home and dig up some more Cult. Makes me feel young. . . . makes me think of Ball State and oddly enough "The Flying Tomato".

Well, this weekend was interesting. The 2 littles had T-ball practice Friday evening. My mom had my sister's kids so they all showed up to watch practice. What they saw was McCartney's refusal to pretty much do anything. We have actually made some progress with her behavior in the last few days, but you are unable to make her do something she doesn't want to. No amount of threatening or bribes works . After that we headed over the Burger King with the whole clan. We played in the indoor playground until it closed. I used to be hip and close bars, now I'm closing Burger King . . . sigh.

For some reason I was wired when I got home and decided to clean the house. I was still up at 4:30 in the morning scrubbing bathroom floors. Thankfully Robert took the kids to get their team pictures at 8:00 Saturday morning. I continued my cleaning frenzy Saturday and worked a little in the yard. We had Obama campaign workers over again that evening.

I got up at 6:00am Sunday and McCartney began puking about every 15 minutes. Thankfully she is a GREAT puker like me and never gets any vomit anywhere but the bowl or the toilet. Nice! I decided to make our guests one of my killer egg casseroles with yummy sausage. Robert came down at about 8:00 and he said, "I don't think they'll want that." Offended, I asked why. And he informed me that they were Jewish. Ooops. I hadn't been awake when they came in.

Sunday we started building a dog house from some salvaged wood our renter brought home and from a neighbor's old fence. It is gonna be too cute, I will post pictures when it is done. The kids were filthy and so was my shower by the end of the night. . . .

A nice weekend . . .

No comments: