Friday, December 14, 2007

The update . . .

Today we were supposed to go to McCartney's pediatrician for her blood work results. They called and we need to repeat one of the tests. Meaning another blood draw. Stink! She was good the first time, so maybe it will be alright. The MRI went great the other day, by the way. She was a fabulous patient and the nurses at the Lutheran Children's Hospital outpatient clinic are PHENOMENAL! It was a very positive experience and the intensivist that did her sedation was great. The meds were easy on her and it was as though nothing was done about 5 minutes after the procedure. I should know something soon from that test.

The bloodwork issue is a bit concerning. The doc said that she had an odd bacteria, and he wanted to repeat the test so they could rule something out. Hmmm. I'm so glad I am medicated, because "pre-OCD medicated Sheri" would be crawling out her skin waiting to hear something. Modern medicine is amazing.

Now how about modern non-medicine. I have used alternative medicine in the past, actually quite often. I have seen an iridologist, and would love to visit Solomon Wickey someday. My mom has learned about something called an Aqua Chi Footbath. Anyone heard about this? The info on the web looks promising and interesting, but you could find a website for making gold out of soap if you wanted to. I wanna try it, but it is quite pricey to have the procedure done. Anyone out there seen this or have any testimonials? Or am I just crazy?

2 comments:

Patty said...

I don't know about the Aqua Chi part, but the place I talked about in my blog the other day does ionic foot baths, and I am going to have one or two in the near future so I will let you know what I think after I do so.

Maybe a trip to Mr. Wickey is what we should plan for our meeting in 2008. We could stand in line and chat while we wait.

Marla said...

We go to Lutheran for blood draws for Maizie. She has had all of her hospitalizations, EEG's, MRI's etc. there. I love them. They are always so nice. I hope you get some answers. Hugs.