Sunday, October 14, 2007

A busy weekend . . .

This weekend was wonderful. Busy, but not overwhelming.

First, I helped a friend with a Children's Clothing Resale at their church. I am a super fan of Kid's Resales. I get most of my kid's clothing at resales and we have quite a few in the city. I also sell my kid's clothing at some of them as well. Most sales you can purchase a seller number for $5 - $10 and get anywhere from 90% - 100% of your profits. You price it and deliver it and they do all the work. This weekend I took 14 boxes and came home with only 4. The best part was that I made more than I actually spent. I love when you can get good quailty brand name clothing that is gently used for a fraction of the price. I have a whole system in my attic where I put back sizes that will fit them in the future. If I can get it now for $1 and they can wear it in 2 years, I certainly will.

I came home a spent most of the day on the couch dozing. You gotta like that. Dustin was having a difficult day and he does well with pressure. So we cuddled up on the couch and layed across his lap. He stayed out of trouble and I could doze knowing where we was.

Today I spent the morning in church with the two littles while Dustin and Robert slept in. Then we went over to John Good's house for a meet and greet with Chris Stewart and Tom Henry. It was an intimte gathering and I am continually impressed with Tom and they way he communicates his goals and visions for our city. He is knowledgeable, personable and will make a fabulous mayor. I also got to to meet a few blog-o-holics from the Fort Wayne 'Sphere. The "two littles" enjopyed playing with the "two witches" and Dustin enjoyed having my mother all to himself. When we got to my mom's to pick him up, Grandma offered to watch all three while we went grocery shopping. Woooohooooo! Grocery shopping without the kids!

The worst part of the weekend was the Dallas crumbled to the Patriots. Can anyone stop them? Hopefully November 4th will hold the answer to that question. I hate the Patriots.

No comments: