Monday, June 04, 2007

Manic Monday . . .

After a fabulously lazy weekend I had a day off today. I decided to run a few errands since my crazy summer at work begins Thursday when the kids get out of school. A few errands turned into about 7 including a visit to the veterinarian for Max, the toy fox terrier mix. He's a pain. I swear he has little dog complex, similar to short man complex. Today, I think he lost half of his fur due to excessive shedding from being nervous. It looked like it was snowing in the office there was so much fur flying around. I had the doc get the vet tech because I refuse to hold down my own dog. He bit her and they had to muzzle him. Nice. I love feeling like a failure as a pet parent too. Although the best part is that now he is traumatized and he is nice a quiet tonight.

The other big thing I accomplished today was getting a money order cashed. No big deal you say? Well, my bird ate 4 of the routing numbers off the check. I took it to the bank and they said they couldn't cash it. So I took it back to the check cashing place that issued it to my renter. They couldn't cash it and gave me a claim form to fill out. It would take 65 days to get my money AND I had to have the receipt. I don't have the receipt and neither did my renter. I spent 40 minutes on hold with the company and they told me it could take 90 days if I did not have the receipt. Finally I got them to give me the routing number and with a little prodding of the bank, and talking to the "higher-ups" they said they would cash it. That could've been an expensive snack for the parrot. . .

By the way, thanks to AWB, or as I now call him Angry White Gramps. He offered AND delivered a full size basketball hoop to our house this weekend for my son. His son obviously discovered girls and cars as he grew older and abandoned the hoop. It was nice of him to think of us and offer it for Harrison. I knew you had a soft heart somewhere in there. *wink* By the way, my dog ran right over and peed on it, he must read your blog too. LOL

1 comment:

Dan Turkette said...

Good doggie, nothing like being faithful ;)

Glad he' enjoying it. It pained me to see it sit in my drive and not get used.