Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm not cut out for this . . .

You know how they say "You don't know what you've got until it's gone"? Well . . . I knew my husband did a lot for me and the kids, he is their primary caregiver and I knew I relied on him for a ton of help with the kids when we were together, but WOW! He's been gone for 4 days now and I'm ready to pull out my hair. I don't think I am cut out to be a single mom. His return on Tuesday couldn't come soon enough.

You see, Dustin is very compartmental when it comes to obediance. When he is alone with dad he does great. He is respectful and pretty obediant. They rarely have difficulty. When he is with me and Robert he only listens to me. He is rude and horribly disrespectful to Robert. When he is alone with me, he is awful. Today was BAD! I haven't seen that very defiant look in his eyes for a LONG time. I thought I would lose my mind. An extra dose of halodal did help to take the edge off his defiance finally. We got to enjoy the outdoors a little this afternoon without many problems. Thankfully we have understanding and caring neighbors whose children play quite well with Dustin.

When we went inside for baths, I noticed Harrison, my 3 year old, had a really red rash in his groin area. He has been very grumpy and whiny since daddy has been in Texas and I thought he was just missing daddy. He got in the bath and he immediately broke out in a red sand-papery rash from the top of his head to his knees. After a call to the pediatrician we were off to the ER. The nighbors watched McCartney, the 2 year old, and we headed across town with Dustin in tow.

We are home. All the kids are asleep. Harrison has a serious case of Scarletina ( caused by a strep virus) . Robert owes me BIG TIME. I think a trip to the day spa may be in order, that is of course after I get over the case of Strep that I will certainly get from Harrison.

2 comments:

John Good said...

Yikes! I hope you are settled down and comfortable now.
George tried to call Bruce and Robert this morning when my daughter Samantha and I met him for breakfast, but just got his voice mail.

Sheri said...

He's doing great. He's enjoying himself, hangin' out with the likes of Daniel Ellsberg of The Pentagon Paper's fame. I'm glad he got the opportunity to take a stand for something he (we both) believe in.