Monday, September 12, 2005

You know it's a good day when . . .

Today, my son did not have any potty accidents at school. Do you know how BIG that is? If you are a parent of a preschooler, you do. If not, you think I'm crazy!

I was thinking today about how very in control and organized I used to be. I am no longer that being. I suppose that all starts when you have three little lives to worry about in addition to your own. I'm more concerned about getting out of the house without the dog on my heels, with a pacifier, with nap stuff for school, without a meltdown about the spiderman toy my son wanted to take, with shoes all tied AND getting to the van on our very busy street without having a child squished like a pancake then I am about putting on makeup and looking my best.

I am constantly forgetting to bring this, or take that to work. I always forget party day at school not to mention show n tell. I always say "I'm the worst mother, I forget an item that start's with B, sorry" I'm lucky if I can get my bra on straight while rushing the dog down that stairs to go outside before he pees on the floor while my daughter is chasing behind me shouting for chock-it milk.

I taught preschool for 9 years, I always privately criticized parents who forget special days. I would think they didn't have time for their children. Now I know that they didn't have time because of their children.

Anyway . . . You know it's a good day when . . . you have three little lives to look out for and love and hug and kiss and you realize that they are WAY more important than make-up, taking your special coffee mug to work, and being the organized operson you once were.

I love my babies!

No comments: